How to use this enema:
REMOVE ORANGE PROTECTIVE SHIELD FROM ENEMA COMFORTIP®
- BEFORE INSERTING: With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Stop using if tip is hard to insert. Forcing the tip into the rectum can cause injury (especially if you
- have hemorrhoids). If enema tip causes rectal bleeding or pain, get immediate medical care.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip® from rectum and maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes).
Positions for using this enema:
- Left-side position: Lie on left side with knee bent, and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on
- surface with left arm folded comfortably.
- If no urge is felt after 5 minutes of using, try to empty bowel. Call a doctor promptly if no liquid comes out
- of the rectum after 30 minutes because dehydration could occurr.
- The diaphragm at base of nozzle prevents reflux and assures controlled flow of the enema solution. Fleet®
- Enema should be used at room temperature.
While M Plus strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending updates on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, product originality is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by M Plus.