TANAKAN preparation contains standardized extract EGb 761 made of leaves of maidenhair tree (Ginkgo biloba).
It has especially following effects:
- vasodilating for small arteries (it widens them),
- rheological (it improves rheological properties of blood);
- it decreases agglomeration of blood platelets and red blood cells,
- promotes venous tone (tension),
- decreases increased permeability of capillaries and so acts against oedemas,
- improves intracellular utilization of glucose and also acts against the presence of so-called free radicals.
The preparation increases synthesis and releasing of active substance called acetylcholine, the amount of which is decreased in old age. The preparation is intended for adult (possibly for young) persons.
Adults use 1 coated tablet three times a day (in the morning, at noon, in the evening) before meal. The tablets should be swallowed whole, not chewed up and should be washed down with small amount of liquid.