1. What are the popular superfoods?
- Dark leafy vegetables (Kale, Swiss chard, Collard greens, Turnip greens, Spinach)
- Berries (Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Cranberries)
- Green Tea
- Legumes (Soy, Lentils, Peas, Alfafa)
- Nut & Seeds (Almonds, Sunflower Seed, Pumpkin Seed, Flaxseed)
- Kefir & Yogurt
- Turmeric (curcumin)
- Mushrooms (shiitake, oyster mushroom, button, portobello)
2. Benefits of superfoods?
- The high vitamin and mineral content found in superfoods can help your body ward off diseases and keep you healthier. When incorporated into a well-balanced diet, these foods can promote heart health, weight loss, improve energy levels and even reduce the effects of aging.
- Antioxidants found in many superfoods may help prevent cancer, while healthy fats can reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Fiber, which is also found in many superfoods, can help prevent diabetes and digestive problems while phytochemicals have numerous health benefits including reducing your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Superfoods are also known to protect your organs from toxins, help lower cholesterol, regulate metabolism and reduce inflammation.