The arteries carry blood away from the heart; the veins carry it back to the heart. The system of blood vessels resembles a tree: The “trunk” – the main artery (aorta) – branches into large arteries, which lead to smaller and smaller vessels. The smallest arteries end in a network of tiny vessels known as the capillary network.
There isn't only one blood circulatory system in the human body, but two, which are connected: The systemic circulation provides organs, tissues, and cells with blood so that they get oxygen and other vital substances. The pulmonary circulation is where the fresh oxygen we breathe in enters the blood. At the same time, carbon dioxide is released from the blood.
Sign and symptoms of poor circulation
- Cold or numb hands and feet
- Blue tinge on legs
- Brittle nails and dry skin
- Trouble for getting or keeping an erection
What food is good to benefit blood circulation
- Green tea: works to widen blood vessel and improve blood flow
- Water: Aim to drink 8 glasses of water every day
- Cut out alcohol
- More greens; increase fruits and vegetable intake in daily consumption
- Cut out or reduce salt; high sodium intake can cause high blood pressure.
Types of simple and light exercise for sedentary people
- Legs up the wall
Are all supplement to improve blood circulation can be taken by everybody
No. Not all supplement is suitable for everyone. Supplementation like ginkgo Biloba has contraindication with people that are already on blood-thinning medication. As ginkgo has a fibrinolytic effect, those who are already on blood-thinning medication such as Aspirin are not advised to take ginkgo supplements as it will cause excessive bleeding.
Recommended Products :